Business Intelligence Analyst, Training
January 2017 – Present
New York, NY
- Support project management for the phased testing, onboarding, implementation and launch of a learning record store (LRS) that will provide analytics on all learning records across the organization (a significant strategic endeavor)
- Evaluate weekly usage statistics from the new external site hosting our K-4 Literacy curriculum, via customer experience management software, flagging trends and proposing website enhancements, informed by the data
- Leverage Google Analytics to track user statistics on the Ed Institute internal digital resource and curriculum library, and establish a rhythm of reporting those statistics, until the more sophisticated solution of an LRS is implemented
- Collect, analyze, and report on participant learning data ranging from dashboards that capture progress towards mastery as it related to speech intelligence analytics, to feedback surveys collected from in-person training programming
- Discover and learn about the various roles that exist across the organization, and ultimately work towards building specialist knowledge of particular roles and/or departments
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with school and network-based teams, particularly the Technology Department, and learning software vendors
Senior Instructional Designer
January 2015 – December 2017
New Brunswick, NJ
- Assume ownership and delegate work for “Course Development” team.
- Singularly juggle development of up to 20 face-to-face, blended, and fully online courses at a time with faculty using a responsive and adaptable course design process.
- Train faculty on use of Learning Management System (Sakai) as well as various software such as Camtasia, Kaltura CaptureSpace, Respondus, Adobe Connect, and VoiceThread.
- Coordinate with Department Chairs to establish guidelines and plan future courses within their respective units.
- Established course review process based on the Quality Matters rubric, & completed 10 course reviews.
- Manage various special projects as needed, including placement exams, grant submission collection, and Adobe Captivate lessons.
- Share information about our process by presenting at conferences such as NJEDge.
- Collaborate with units across Rutgers on projects such as the Faculty Development website.
January 2011 – December 2014
- Increasing responsibility and ownership as Technical Lead on 3 projects managing off-shore developers in India.
- Supervise developers by setting work deadlines, performing code reviews, and communicating impediments via daily scrum phone calls.
- Manage multiple projects with competing priorities and resources across multiple time zones.
- Follow projects through SDLC: Requirements, Design, Implementation, QA, and Deployment.
- Resolve technical and administrative impediments to ensure project success.
E-Learning Support Specialist
2009 – 2010
- Support faculty, students, & staff in their use of educational technologies.
- Provide instructional and technological recommendations to improve online learning experience.
- Develop support material to document how-to’s, best practices, and FAQs.
- Liaise with IT administrators to resolve issues.
- Accomplishment: Implemented Course Evaluation system that improved efficiency by 500% by using Microsoft Excel Macros and Pivot Tables
- Accomplishment: Nominated for 2010 SHRP Employee of the Year
2004 – 2006
- Instruct multicultural adult learners in English literacy through community organization.
- Assist in helping students meet speaking, writing, and reading comprehension goals.
- Little to no English comprehension required creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Accomplishment: Generated greater interest from advanced learners by providing more challenging reading material and setting higher expectations for writing.