Business Intelligence Analyst, Training
January 2018 – August 2020
New York, NY
- Digitized traditional in-person training program into fully online learning experience for over 700+ teachers each year by implementing a learning management system (LMS) and learning record store (LRS).
- Managed LRS implementation with vendor Yet Analytics, including design of dashboards to show learner progress through training program.
- Co-lead the implementation and launch of Canvas LMS, including organization of courses into programs, & instructional design and quality assurance of individual courses.
- Saved 10 hours/month of manual work by integrating & automating Workday HRIS to Canvas LMS process that automatically created and removed user accounts, enrolled learners into courses, and managed notifications.
Senior Instructional Designer
January 2015 – December 2017
Office of Instructional & Research Technology (OIRT)
New Brunswick, NJ
- Managed projects for “Course Development” team, including receiving incoming courses and delegating instructional design projects based on interest and ability.
- Singularly juggled development of up to 20 face-to-face, blended, and fully online courses at a time with faculty using a responsive and adaptable course design process.
- Trained faculty on use of Learning Management Systems (Canvas & Sakai) as well as various software such as Camtasia, Kaltura CaptureSpace, Respondus, Adobe Connect, and VoiceThread.
- Established course review process based on the Quality Matters rubric, completed 10 course reviews, & partnered with faculty member to achieve QM certification for first course ever within Rutgers’ largest school, the School of Arts & Sciences: International Political Economy, Date: 07/11/2017
January 2011 – December 2014
- Technical Lead on 3 projects managing off-shore developers by setting work deadlines, performing code reviews, and communicating impediments via daily scrum phone calls.
- Managed multiple projects with competing priorities and resources across multiple time zones.
- Followed projects through SDLC: Requirements, Design, Implementation, QA, and Deployment.
- Resolved technical and administrative impediments to ensure project success.
E-Learning Support Specialist
2009 – 2010
- Supported faculty, students, & staff in their transition from one LMS (WebCT) to another (ANGEL), as well as their use of other educational technologies.
- Provided instructional and technological recommendations to improve online learning experience.
- Developed support material to document how-to’s, best practices, and FAQs.
- Accomplishment: Improved efficiency by 500% by implementing a course evaluation system that made evaluations more
consistent across the school, consolidated data into a single repository, and generated individual reports using a macro.
- Accomplishment: Nominated for 2010 SHRP Employee of the Year
2004 – 2006
- Instructed multicultural adult learners in English literacy through community organization.
- Assisted in helping students meet speaking, writing, and reading comprehension goals.
- Little to no English comprehension required creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Accomplishment: Generated greater interest from advanced learners by providing more challenging reading material and setting higher expectations for writing.